This will be my last post on this blog. My placement has finished, I leave Nepal and return home to the UK later today. Many thanks to all the people who have been following my blog over the last two years; I hope you have found the posts interesting and informative and enjoyed the photos.
What am I sad to leave behind?
- Friendly helpful colleagues at GAN Lamjung, that I have been lucky enough to work with. Thank you for your friendship!
- Students and teachers at the schools I have been working with
- Beautiful smiling faces of so many Nepali people
- Bright colours of the women's clothing
- Never knowing what adventures the next day will bring
- Sunshine - plenty of it, even during winter months
- Astounding natural scenery in the hills and mountains
- Locally grown fruit and vegetables - no food miles!
- Colourful exotic flowers
|Colour and sunshine|
What I will not miss?
- Mad traffic and pollution in Kathmandu
- The heat and humidity during monsoon time
- Long bumpy bus journeys on unmade roads
|Remote destination after a long bumpy journey|
Nepal is a fascinating country full of rich culture and holding many surprises. If you haven't yet visited Nepal, make sure you do soon!
I will be coming back here to visit again sometime in the future, but until then "Goodbye".